Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday, March 12--At Sea

     Let me start with yesterday evening, as the ship had a "White Elephant Sale".  They auctioned off over 50 items to raise money for the crew welfare fund (used for crew emergencies).  They raised over $8000 from this sale.  I was high bidder for:  Dinner in Compass Rose with us for 4 crew members of my choice.  My bid was $280.  The problem is we have 400 crew members that we would like to bring so narrowing it down to just 4 is very tough.  After sleeping on it, we have come up with the 4.
George--the waiter we have asked for every night for 2 months.  From Romania.
Faye--Observation Lounge bartender.  From the Philippines
Putu--Bartender in lounges and makes our cappuccino in afternoons in Coffee Connection.  From Philippines.
Sally--Wine sommelier in Compass Rose and lounges.
We ask our suite steward but he was not comfortable dining in a fancy restaurant so declined our offer.  So on Wednesday night the 4 above will meet us at 7pm for dinner in the Compass Rose restaurant.  They get the night off too.  I had Reception (front desk) make special invitations for us to present to them.  So far we have seen 3 of them and they were soooooo excited.  Two of them had tears in their eyes.  Making these people happy is worth every penny I paid to be able to do it.
     After the auction yesterday evening I went down to see the doctor.  I have an ingrown big toe nail that is infected.  He is treating the infection but told me to see a podiatrist when I get home to have the nail fixed.  That short visit cost $159.  Our travel insurance will pay me back after I file.
     Today we are still at sea with sunny skies and in low 80's.  Experiencing some swells today so ship is  moving about some.  No waves just swells so not bad.  Tomorrow morning we will be docking in Bridgetown, Barbados for the day.  This afternoon is another "County Fair" up on pool deck.  The different departments onboard set up game booths for us to play.  Not sure who has more fun, the passengers or the crew members.  Will be taking some photos.
     Tonight we will be trying Prime 7 again.  Hopefully, it will be better this time.